[Gpdd] [MISC] Hidey Hole - Tent

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 7 19:03:02 EST 2004

Rebekah,

Instead of the standard hidey hole I make my Spike a "tent" at one end of
his cage.  It is really easy to do.  There is no sewing involved, all you
need is some fabric (I use old sheets) and cloths pins.  The fabric drapes
over him but does not sit in the litter so he cannot go potty on it!  I
attach the fabric to three sides of the cage with the cloths pins making
sure that the top is taut, letting some excess fabric hang down the back
and the sides and drapes a bit over the front too, but not too much. I
make sure it is at least an inch above his bedding.  Spike feels cozy in
there and sleeps with his nose sticking out from the front.  I think it is
so he doesn't miss any possible food.  He loves it and doesn't chew it.
The great thing is that it is washable so if/when it gets dirty you can
throw it into you laundry.

Spike loves his tent and actually will drag his toys and favourite treats
in there with him.

Let me know if you try this and how your piggie like it.

Crystal... slave to Spike
Remebering always, my angels, Tribble and Quincy

=====
Well, maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
It's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah!
                            -Leonard Cohen