[Gpdd] HEALTH lump in throat & gas

XraphieX at aol.com XraphieX at aol.com
Wed Jan 7 22:49:15 EST 2004

In a message dated 1/7/2004 10:13:51 PM Eastern Standard Time,
doc141melaragno at adelphia.net writes:
Does anyone know what I can do about a gassy sow?

My pig Elvis used to have occasional trouble with gas. I used to get a
prescription from his vet for some drops called simethicone. One day when I needed
to have a prescription filled, they were out and they told me to go buy baby
gas drops from the drugs store, because it was the same thing. It's not too
expensive... around 5 bucks for a bottle. You'd have to check with your vet for
the dose, but Elvis didn't get much...  I gave it to him in a little dropper and
it worked like a charm...

Hope that helps...