[Gpdd] [CARE] Re: Veggies Inquiry

Cristie Grabow cristation at cookiemonster.com
Fri Jan 9 20:24:49 EST 2004

Dear Nancy,

Our little piggies are very much little people, so keep in mind that their tastes may varry, but here are some of the treats that Zoom is rather fond of (and the vet approved!)

peppers, espicially green (2x daily)

romaine lettuce (1x daily or every other day)

baby carrots(2-1x per week)

strawberry tops, the part you'd normally throw away (give sparingly)

green beans (1x daily or every other day)

peas (1x daily or every other day)

There are a few things to avoid, such as spinach and any other plant that contains large amounts of vitamin D because just like humans, little piggies cannot make their own vitamin C, and vitamin D zaps their vitamin C supplies.

Just in general some ideas for extra variety in piggie foods are hay, alfalfa, grass in the summer, and the heels of bread.

PS: Zoom also likes icecream and sherbert (yes i know she shouldn't have it but she was feeling very grumpy after her medicine last night and just stuck her head in my bowl).

Good Luck!

Kisses and Chubbles all around,

Cristie & Zoom