[Gpdd] MISC: Re: Pet Store Piggies?

Mary Destatte mdstretch at tbbs.net
Fri Jan 9 22:59:20 EST 2004

To Snowdreamer:

I hear what you are saying about the "supply and demand theory" but from
what I have seen there is still a supply and demand because there others who
will buy them for the snakes for food.  At least the one rescued is going to
have a chance for a good life.

I'm still not caught up with my back issues of the GPDD.  My piggie,
Stretch, is sick.  He was showing blood when he went to the bathroom.  I
took him to the vet and he did exrays and said that it looked as if he had a
couple of stones.  The normal cost for the surgery is $508 and he offered to
do it for about half of that.  The problem is I am on a limited income and
don't have it and the vet will not take payments.  Yesterday he got real bad
and there was lots of bleeding.  Today he seems much better.  I can't find
another vet who will work out  payments and I am at a lost of what to do to
help him.  He finished his antibiotic about a week ago.  I've been seeking
help from anyone and everyone I can around here and am at a lost.  I really
wish there was an insurance I could have  used.  I've been holding him and
giving him lots of attention.  he snuggles up so much and my heart breaks
when he crys.  I called one vet office and the person who answered suggested
that The only choice is to "put him down."  I hung up on that one.  I know
there is an answer -- I just have to find it.  He is still eating very good
and is very active.  It is the pain he has when he goes potty.  It is not
all the time but is getting worse.  He does not seem to have bleeding today.
If anyone has any ideas how I can help him please contact me.  Of all the
years that I have had piggies this is the first time I have had a situation
like this one.

Please keep him in  your prayers

Mary D. (mom to angel and stretch)