[Gpdd] Announcement: Orrie has gone to the Bridge

Kskosich at aol.com Kskosich at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 05:13:50 EST 2004

Orrie went to the Bridge on Friday the 9th.  We had tried another bladder
stone surgery in the morning, but he did not make it thru the afternoon.  We
adopted Oreo Thanksgiving of 2002 from a family who did not know his age, did not
know he was sick and did not know he was male.  Officially, he was Oreo, but I
liked to call him Orrie (Orvis, Orton, Orville, etc.), more in keeping with
his unusual looks and personality.

Orr had mostly black on his head and neck, with a white half-moon face and
white eyebrows.  He was an Aby, with the classic rosettes.  I know I will always
picture him with his checkerboard tummy showing as he jumped up and down on
his hind legs, screaming with impatience for his treats.  Orrie was always
first one up in the morning.  He discovered that scratching the mesh sides of the
hutch brought me running.  The first time, I thought he had snagged a toenail.
 Orrie was so pleased with my fast response that he kept it up, twanging away
like a mad harp player.

Orrie's emotions were also black and white:  Parsley--yay!  Cucumber--yuck!
He loved his spacious hutch and liked to have his pigloo, box house and
covered table lined up so he could race in and out.  He received a load of hay or
grass by plunging in up to his ears.  He purred only for favorite foods or is I
blew a "raspberry" sound on his back.  He hated to be held and would head-butt
me to get me to carry him back to his home.  He liked living between Big Red
and the girls and enjoyed seeing what they were doing or eating.  Orrie was a
great source of joy for us and we will miss him so very much.  Good-bye, my
little man.  With love, Kathy S