[Gpdd] HEALTH cost for surgery

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 13:57:43 EST 2004

I sympathize with the owners that have sick piggies and can't afford $500 for
surgery and treatment. Who can???
I was in the same position once. I took my sick piggy to an exotic vet who
charged me double on what I pay for my dog's vet visit. Ridiculous!!! Guinea
pigs are not " exotic animals", in fact, in many other countries they fall under
the category of farm animals or similar.
A lot of things can be treated without a vet visit, and thanks to the gpdd,
we share our experiences and learn new things. I urge every pet owner that is
on a tight budget to call around for reasonable treatment fees. Be honest from
the beginning, and let the vet know where you stand. There are vets that care
more about the animals well being, than charging those ridiculous fees.
Luckily I found one. I paid $100 for major surgery, pain meds, and aftercare. Don't
give up on finding a vet that has common sense.

all the luck,
Marion