[Gpdd] BEHAVIOR - BITING

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 21:11:15 EST 2004

Hi Rhonda - I have had two baby male piggies that used to nip occasionally
when I was holding them if they got nervous or scared.  Both seemed to outgrow
this when they got older.  I have a baby boar now that does that occasionally
as well.  He is about 6 months old now.  He is getting better about it already.
 I am not sure under what circumstances your boar bites.  If it is only when
he is scared, then he will probably outgrow it, but if he does it all the
time, I don't know.  As far as hiding under the tube goes -- mine always did that
until they had time to get to know me.  I would try to hold them often and
give them treats often.  Finally they started to come out to see me on their own.
 I think this took a month or so with most of my piggies.  My new boar must
have been held more before I got him because he took only a couple of weeks.
Hope this helps some at least.  Wheeeeeeks from Debra, Patches, Peanut and
Pumpkin.