[Gpdd] HEALTH - Stones

DebraStory at aol.com DebraStory at aol.com
Sat Jan 10 21:20:44 EST 2004

Hi Mary D - I am sorry to hear about you piggy Stretch having stones.  I have
the same problem with my Patches.  I too cannot afford the high cost of
surgery.  My Patches was having very bad bleeding episodes a month or two back.  He
went through several courses of antibiotics and then would start to bleed
again.  Thankfully he has been better lately, and I pray that he won't start
bleeding again.  He is already three years old.  How old is Stretch?  The vet said
that Patches was a little old and out of condition for surgery, but the cost
was also a big factor for me. He said that the stones often come right back
after surgery and advised me to eliminate Spinach and anything high in oxalates.
 If you find any answers to this problem, I would sure be interested to know
as well. I will keep you and Stretch in my prayers and will let you know if I
find any answers.  Wheeeeeeps from Debra, Patches, Peanut and Pumpkin.