[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] <finally adopted!>

Sara Deusterhoff deusterhoff at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 11 13:13:52 EST 2004

   My fiancee and I called a shelter yesterday to inquire about a young female guinea pig.  She was gone (per our luck LOL).  But they did have two 9wk old  males...well we have been looking for females, but after asking our fabulous mentor Tex, we decided to take a look anyway.  When we got there we found one long coated redish brown piggie with a little white strip on his nose and long white "eyebrows" and his friend, an almost white shorter coated piggie who looked like his bottom had been dipped in claico colors.   Apparently their former owner had way too many animals and they had been neglected (Squashy had to have lots of  mats cut out of his long hair).

Well, guess what...we fell in love with the little guys and we now have a little family!!!  Their names are Squashy and Squishy respectivly and while Squishy is definitly the more outgoing inquisitive one, Squashy seems to be easily bribed with lettuce.

Sat night we left them in their cage to get settled...this morning my fiancee watched CNN with Squashy while I went to work LOL.  This evening we'll pick up their playpen fences so they can have floor time!

Thanks for all the encouragement from everyone!!  email me if you'd like to see a picture of Squashy and my fiancee!  We're so happy (even though my sweet fiancee says "now you have to share me")!