[Gpdd] CARE: nail clipping

Ann Waite waitea at comcast.net
Wed Jan 14 15:14:34 EST 2004

Hi Sara,

I clip my piggys claws about once every three weeks to a month.  I'd rather
do it a little more often in smaller amounts than wait and have nails get
long.  You only need to trim a tiny bit off the end.  None of them *LIKE*
it, but it doesn't really hurt unless you hit the quick.  If you hit the
quick, you'll know as they will squeal and it will bleed a little.  But
walking on claws that get too long and start to malform is far more
uncomfortable than a claw clipping I'm sure.  Also, Saucy seems to have a
nail that splits a lot too - so I sometimes clip that one claw between times
to keep her from catching it and ripping it.

Ann in MA
Slave to Cookie Dough, Saucy, Snickers and Skittles