[Gpdd] Health: Jessie

gpighouse25 gpighouse25 at ameritech.net
Wed Jan 14 16:28:07 EST 2004

Jessie gave my husband and I a big scare lastnite.  We were watching tv and
suddenly heard this odd sound coming from Jessie, it wasn't the normal
squeeeek she does nor a cry.  It sounded like she was having a hard time
breathing or a grunt like noise.  I picked her up to look at her and her
breathing sounded fine to the naked ear and nose and eyes were clear.  She
quickly stopped the noise about 2min later.
Still  it worried me so I called as my vet was closing and my vet said he
would stop at the house after closing to check her.  He came about 20min
later checked her out and said she looks very health and all sounds good.
So what was this new strange sound?  First thing I checked when I heard it
was if the kitten was bothering her since it sounded more like a grunting
angry noise, but the kitten was fast a sleep.  Any one else every experience
there piggies coming out with new and strange sounds out of the blue?
Jessie will be a year old next month so its not like she is a baby learning.
Any rate having her checked and not having to take her out in the cold
relieved a very concerned mommy lastnite.  I am lucky to have a vet who
makes housecalls even after hours.

Debby, Dutchess, Destiny & Jessie