[Gpdd] [Health] "Immaculate conception"

Lisa B cavylover74 at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 15 11:38:52 EST 2004

I am sorry to let you know but guinea pigs cannot store fertilized eggs and later give birth to them.  I am not sure where you got this idea from but this is not correct information.  I am pretty sure your sow got pregnant by one of her babies from the first litter if she has not had contact again with your boar.
I am not an expert by any means but I do have friends that has owned cavies for over 20 years and they breed and raise them.  They also have never had a sow do this nor heard of one.  Now you would think after over 20 years breeding, they would have at least one sow that had experienced this so-called "immaculate conception."

I just wanted to let other people on here know this cannot happen.

Please ask your vet or look up the info for yourself if you still believe such a thing can happen.

Lisa