[Gpdd] MISC: What it's like having a House Piggie (Free Range)

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 16 10:32:40 EST 2004

Hey Helen!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...what it's like having a House
Piggie...

Well, honestly, I Love it! Brownie Bear is so
independent and she gets plenty of excercise.
And I can tell she Loves being free range. Daddy
Slave and I really don't have to worry much about
stepping on her because she's such a Shy piggie,
she prefers not to be out in the open (like in
the middle of the floor). Of course, if we have
veggie treats in our hands, then she'll stalk ya
until she gets her treat. So, that's the only
time I watch my feet. Cuz she will run right in
front of your feet if you have something that she
wants. :-)

And as you probably know, she is for the most part
potty-trained.
And she's also a biter, although since she got
spayed, she isn't biting much anymore. She is VERY
TERRITORIAL, more so than any solo piggie I've
ever had. She is the Alpha Pig, Numero Uno, the Big
Chief...and she Knows it! Ha ha!

She is a very smart piggie and will give you a
kiss if you say, "Kiss! Kiss!"  (I trained her to
do that).

She doesn't like to be held, well, she only likes
it when she's tired or when she wants Lovin'. But,
if she's not in the mood, then she'll whine until
you put her down.

She loves to play games, like "Catch me if you
can!" and she loves to niddle on shoes for attention
(especially if you're wearing them).

Well, in a Nut Shell, that's my Baby...
   That's my Brownie Bear!!

          Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeps,
            Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)

Hi Leah,

I was just wondering if you could tell the rest of us
a bit about what it's like having a house piggy? Did
you train Brownie bear to only use a litter tray? I
would be worried i would step on any house-pig i had.
lol. But it would be interesting for us to know more
about her! (not that we don't know loads already!)

Helen, Flossie, Skipper, and Miffy and Nutkin (Over
the bridge)

PS. i love the little websites you make about brownie!
^._.^