[Gpdd] CARE hiding house

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Jan 17 14:43:13 EST 2004

First of all I'd like to that everybody for their great responses to my
bedding questions. It really helps to get the opinion of others, and I was
reassured about storing the bedding in my garage.

Ann, about the hiding houses,
I know of people that do not use a hiding house for guinea pigs, does it make
them tamer? I don't know. I also have taken the houses away from my guinea
pigs, but gave them back after a couple of days. I observed that both of my
piggies prefer the house. It makes them feel comfortable. As far as I know, guinea
pigs flee by nature, so for them to run quick into the house before they get
picked up is a matter of instinct more or less. That's the way I see it. Once
I get them out of their houses they are fine. Poly licks my hands when I pet
her, and Sweetie "talks" non-stop. They also run after me for treats and want
to nibble on my shoes. I believe in keeping pets as close to their natural
habitat as possible---therefore, mine will have plenty of hiding places.

best wishes,
Marion, Poly and Sweetie