[Gpdd] Jason and Lucia

Dee and Joe deeclark at rcn.com
Sun Jan 18 14:55:27 EST 2004

Hello,

I posted about the ages of my GPs, those over 6 years old, and I received a
message from Lucia and Jason.

Lucia mentioned she had a piggie that lived to be 9 years, another that
lived to be 8 and a half and one that made it to 8 years four months!  That
is really amazing!

Jason asked what I did to help them live so long and I would ask Lucia the
same question!  I think some of it is the individual GPs heredity.  I had
one that died before reaching a year old, one that died at four, both
treated the same.  Some is feeding them properly and the other is health
care.  If you are aware of GP health problems and catch them early and take
them to a vet when necessary that can add to their life span.  We have
nursed a few through the bloat, which can be deadly, because we were aware
of the symptoms from the info on the GPDD, and started treatment early.

So there isn't one thing, but a combination.  Just like with people and
other animals.

Proper food, care and love does the trick most of the time for us all.

Dee, slave to the seniors, Daisy, Tacoma and Annie.  And Juliet the
youngster.

PS:  Boy do I envy my piggies!  They don't have to get up, go out and start
a freezing car in -0 temperatures and shiver all the way to work with the
heater blasting!  No, they are warmly snoozing away!  What a life :)