[Gpdd] ALL'S CLEAR.... WE THINK

gpdd_admin at gpdd.org gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Tue Jan 20 13:28:41 EST 2004

All,

As far as we can tell, the viris didn't originate at the GPDD; yet the infected
e-mail indicates it did (!). So, what does that mean?

First - we're back online. BUT - before you send a flood of posts, let us dig
through what's queued up. So send them *gently*, ok?

Next: this virus, although this was a rather benign one - demonstrates that you
need to be on your guard, always. NEVER open an attachment - no matter who it
is from - unless you confirm with the sender that it was sent. ALWAYS have the
latest virus definitions installed on your computer, and update frequently.

Last: The GPDD Team is sorry that this happened - but if possible we wanted to
stop any spread of a potential threat to our members' computers. We will always
try to err on the side of caution, even if it means taking down the GPDD for a
day or two.

Thanks, we now return you to your regularly scheduled GPDD.

The GPDD Team