[Gpdd] CARE: Hiding houses

butterflyrainbow at comcast.net butterflyrainbow at comcast.net
Mon Jan 19 10:58:00 EST 2004

Hi Ann,

I had read a while back with my first piggie about not giving them hiding houses for the same reasons you listed. The piggie I have now, Princess Pigga Pigga has no hiding house but I do give her loads of hay so if she decides she doesn't want to be bothered she can hide under the hay. Otherwise, she expects to be acknowledged anytime somebody comes near her home, her cage sits on the computer table so she has company all the time.

I don't find her jumpy or insecure and she is an attention hound. She loves to have the top of her head scratched when she wants, no matter what. Who can turn down a cute little wheeker? Certainly not my family.

I don't know how much of this is personality, but I am very interested to see what others have to say about this as well.

Happy wheeking!

Rose slave to the Princess