[Gpdd] CARE: Hidey Houses

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 21 14:53:27 EST 2004

Hello Slaves!
I just wanted to share my experience with Hidey
houses. I do think they can make a piggie hide
more and so when Brownie Bear was a baby, I
didn't use them. At that time she had a huge
cage with an upper level. Well, I had to eventually
take the upper level deck out because she wouldn't
come out...ever. She was soooooooooo Shy, the
shyest piggie I have ever met. So, she probably
didn't get her first 'hidey place' until she was
4-6 months old. Now, she is still shy, and she has
a ton of those 'hidey places' all over our apartment
(since she's free range). But, she doesn't have
a problem coming out of hiding if she hears the
fridge door opening--ha ha ha! Then, she will
literally chase you down until she gets what she
wants. "WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!"

        Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeeeeps,
           Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)