[Gpdd] Re: Annoucement: I'm so sorry about your little STRETCH

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Jan 21 16:03:34 EST 2004

Dear Mary,
I can't tell you how so very sad I am to hear of your little guy STRETCH's
making his trip across the bridge. I know how you must have felt when you picked
him up knowing he had made it through the bladder surgery and even when you
gave him the pedialyte and pumpkin. Yet sometimes when God calls our little
ones, there is no treatment or care nor even the greatest love we could give them
that can keep them with us. It's He that blesses us with them for the
whatever time we share with these little furry guys. To look after them and to show
them love. I know you feel that had you taken care of the stones sooner it
would have made a difference. I would feel that way to. Yet if he was not called,
he would never have passed on regardless of when the problem was treated. So
please don't blame yourself for STRETCH's passing because there is no doubt in
my heart that the love you gave him was unquestionably beyond that an "owner"
of a "pet" would give. He was your little boy much as George is my little boy.
Our little guys and girls are family members and the grief you feel is that
of loosing a family member. I cannot even begin to speak of the vet to whom you
had been bringing STRETCH who would not make a payment plan to HELP that
which he/she has taken an oath to do. It is quite apparent that this person who
has identified themselves as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine would be better
served to place next to their name "Mercenary" since financial gain is far more
important than the lives of our most precious gifts. Beyond that I will say
nothing more. I again send you my deepest and most heartfelt sympathy for the
passing of your little guy. But your separation will not be near as long as the
joy you will share when he meets you once again and this time helps YOU across
the bridge. You were and are a good mother, one all your babies are proud of.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy