[Gpdd] ANNOUNCE New to GPDD

Kelly abby at chilli.net.au
Wed Jan 21 20:42:41 EST 2004

Hello all,
My name is Kelly, i am 22 years old and i have 2 male guinea pigs at the moment, one who is all black named Busta and one who is tan, brown and white patches named Squeak. We live in Sydney, Australia and new to GPDD. I am excited to find there are so many people out there who love guinea pigs as much as i do. I would also like to share with everybody my recent loss. The first guinea pigs i bought a few months ago were Squeak and a female named Piglet. A few months later i went to clean out the cage and discovered an addition to the family! Piglet was pregnant and i didnt even know - being a beginner - so we had Ginny, a baby girl who looked jus like her mum. They were such a close family. We keep our guinea pigs in a cage outside and they stay at my Dads place as he has a big yard for them to run around in and have play time. Over christmas i went to visit my mum and my nanna offered to babysit my guinea pigs for me. Upon my return i was saddened to find out a cat had got Piglet and Ginny in my absence. Squeak fretted after his wife and baby were taken and refused to eat so my nanna thinking the sole survivor was a female, purchased another male (she knew i was keen to breed them) so that is why i have two males at the moment. Since then we have cat proofed the cage. I was very upset about losing my dear Piglet and Ginny and my poor nanna felt so bad but i am also happy to have Busta. My boyfriend and i are going to build a larger cat proof cage next week and the plan is to buy another wife for Squeak and they will live in the new large cage at my Dad's place and we will re-locate Busta in the smaller cage to live with us in our unit. So that is our story. I do have one question though. Busta has a few little scabs and dry skin sections on his underside. I thought this might be due to lack of vitamin C so have made sure he gets plenty of it now. Does anybody else have any suggestions on how i might cure my little baby?
Thanks
Luv Kelly, Squeak and Busta