[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOR] Biting, etc.

Leah Ayers mame49 at shaw.ca
Thu Jan 22 00:40:57 EST 2004

Hello, and thanks for the advice about biting piggies...Ginger has only attempted a few nibbles lately and I just tell her "no" firmly.

She is my first experience with a Guinea Pig and I really do love her, as do my family :)  We are on a holiday right now at my parent's house and she is with us, in a travel carrier that I have fixed up nicely for her, she seems quite content though I'm sure she'll be glad to be home again.

This site has been a wealth of information for me, with all the questions that I have each day, I usually find the answer here.  I also have the good fortune to work with 2 people who have had Guinea Pigs and they've been a big help to me.

Just my inexperienced input on the housing question, I have 3 houses/tunnels/nesting boxes for Ginger and they are put away while we are up and home, so we can interact often with her when we walk by and she doesn't hide -- she seems to enjoy this.  When we go out or to bed, I put one of her hidey homes back for her to spend time in.

Shannon and Ginger