[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR - Dogs and Pigs

robyn ferguson robyn_ferguson at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 22 19:53:32 EST 2004

Hi All!

I too have experience of dogs and pigs getting along just fine (though this
may be the exception rather than the rule). When I was still living at home
I used to put the piggles out in a walled enclosure on the floor for some
excercise. My mum's dog Eric (maltese-shitzu and some other stuff - a pound
rescue with a heart bigger than his little body) would wander in and out of
the room - never showing much interest, but I would always keep an eye out.
One day I turned my back for a second and when I turned back Eric was in the
pigs enclosure. "Oh my god, he's eating them!" I thought and rushed over to
find Eric up to his ears in the guinea pigs' food bowl and all three piglets
sniffing around his legs wondering who this new visitor was! Who knew dogs
liked guinea pig food?

Robyn,

Slave to Lucy and Lexie (Sparky the rescue mouse has a new home).