[Gpdd] RESCUE: From a slave with a broken heart

Brandi Jennings phoohbear69 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 23 11:22:57 EST 2004

Sorry if I ramble, but this is the hardest thing I have ever had to write.

Four years ago I met the light of my life.  A spunky little piggie named
Gizmo.  The following year I added an already pregnant sow and gave him a
family.  I had 8 little piggies and nothing in this world was more important
to me than them.  Everything in my life was perfect, if anyone asked me when
I intended on having children I just replied, "why would I want one of
those, I have my piggies."  My getting a house was centered around giving
the piggies more room.  Everything in my life was for the piggies.

Then tragically this past summer, my little Lightning passed away after a
week of illness and many trips to the vet.  That last night I stayed up with
him all night just holding him and telling him how much I loved him.  When
he finally passed, I cried for days.  Nothing could make me happy.  Then
three days latter, Pippi, his cage mate stopped eating.  I took him to the
vet and all he could come up with was depression.  He said he would snap out
of it in a couple of days.  The next day I found little Pippi dead in his
cage.

Something about Pippi's death broke something in me.  I never cried (until
now) I just went numb.
For the first 2 weeks after his death I couldn't force my self to go into
the piggie room.  My husband had to do all the cleaning and feeding.
Finally I can go in there but even after 5 months I can't hold or spend much
time with them.  Every time I look at them all I think is that they are
going to die and I can't take another death.  I have come to the point where
I realize that there lives are not as happy as they used to be.  They are
always clean and fed but they are lonely.  I have five females and one male
that need rescuing from a owner who just loves them too much.

If there is any one in the Hutchinson Ks area who are looking for some of
the best piggies put onto this earth,  please contact me.  My babies deserve
better than I can now give them.

Brandi