[Gpdd] Re: Misc: The Cycle

Linda Sánchez veronica.ann at verizon.net
Fri Jan 23 20:21:54 EST 2004

Hello to all Pigs and People,

I was so moved by David's posting about why he does not respond to other
pigs' eulogies on the digest. It's a topic I have been wanting to address
myself for months. Every time I write a post, I wonder, "hmm...do folks
think I don't care about the loss of their beloved babies because I don't
respond to their eulogies?" I always hope not because that could not be
further than the truth. It was David's bravery that makes it possible for me
to address the issue now.

I could not be more moved by people's posting about their losses. It is so
essential for people to be able to express their sorrow and loss and to have
a supportive and loving environment in which to do so. Every day I am so
grateful to the maintainers/creators of GPDD for offering this forum. I have
been  moved so much and so often to tears and deep sorrow, that long ago I
chose to notice the subject line, and simply say a deep and loving prayer
for each piggie and each piggie's parent(s). I find my heart can not
successfully bear the knowledge of the pigs' and the parents' suffering. I
also have chosen to avoid pet stores because it can mean such deep sorrow
and sadness. Sometimes I wish I were not so sensitive, but I know that
sensitivity has made me an excellent piggie parent for seventeen years. I
try to put my energy into areas where I can help others (pigs and people)
and if I am emotionally devestated than I know I can not do any good for
anyone else. Thank you to all of you out there who write eulogies for their
beloved friends, and those who read them and respond. I applaud your bravery
and thank you for your support!
Peace,
Linda