[Gpdd] CARE carrots and lettuce

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sat Jan 24 12:09:30 EST 2004

Dear SF:
please feed carrots, besides lots of timothy hay, daily to your pig. They
need the vitamin C. Mine get appr. 4 baby carrots each. I also feed 2 leaves of
romaine lettuce in winter, dandelion leaves in summer. You don't want to feed
iceberg lettuce, cucumber, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower or beans. There is a
list in most guinea pig books on what to feed and what to stay away from.
My pigs also nibble a little bit on cardboard and paper towel at times, it
has not hurt them yet. I do keep newspaper away from them, though, because of
the ink.

greetings,
Marion