[Gpdd] MISC: the cycle

rmalsberg at comcast.net rmalsberg at comcast.net
Sat Jan 24 14:22:33 EST 2004

Hello everyone and everypig:

Regarding David and Linda's comments on perceiving the cycle of life through announcements of births and deaths of piggies, once again we can give a heartfelt thannks to the creators and maintainers of the gpdd for giving us this wonderful, caring community.

Where else would we go to share the joys and sorrows, hopes and fears, love, laughter and tears that are all part of being captives of pigdom (or, as one of the oldtimers put it, "pigdoom," because once you get in, you seldom can leave........).

The way I see it, the pain of losing our piggies (or being moved to tears as you read of someone else's loss) is the price we pay for the pleasure of having them in our lives, and the joy of living with them, loving them, seeing them born (or delighting in reading others' stories of piggie births) is the compensation for only having them such a short time.

When Taffy died last year, my boyfriend did not want me to get another piggie, to be a friend for Sundae.  He said, they just die, and then you'll be sad.  But for me, the ups are worth the downs in this cycle of life.

It's all good; it's all a gift of love.

With grateful wheeks,

Rayna, Sundae and Tosca (and Taffy in mem)