[Gpdd] [CARE] <random questions>

Lauren Cordeiro petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 20:21:21 EST 2004

There's been a few questions that I remember some people asked so here's a few answers:

Domestic guinea pigs can live, according to my vet, for up to 8 or 9 years if they are well taken care of and have some luck! From what I hear, at "5" a pig is over the hill, but we haven't gotten there yet.

Someone asked about pigglies eating sweaters, carpets, paper towel rolls. I let mine chew on paper towel rolls, I don't think it could be worse than those wood chews that you can get at the pet stores. I also think my piggies may have a lint ball growing in their tummies. They like my sweaters and my fuzzy sheets when I'm not paying attention.

GPs can eat lettuce, only the darker leaf kind is better because the light green, iceberg kind doesn't have much nutrition. They can eat carrots too, but I think someone said they have a lot of sugar, so other stuff may be better. My pigs LOVE parsley.

That's my two cents.
Piglet, Pooh Bear & Lauren