[Gpdd] CARE gp babysitting coop

Bellarobi at aol.com Bellarobi at aol.com
Sun Jan 25 13:28:29 EST 2004

Hi Ginger,
Luckily I always found trustworthy people that would take care of my pigs
while I am on vacation. But I am thinking about a guinea pig baby-sitting co -op.
Wouldn't that be fun? I managed a baby-sitting co- op when my kids were
little. Instead of paying money we exchanged coupons for the time we baby-sat. I am
not sure how to go about it, but I guess a list could be started with people
that are interested. Of course, distance plays a major role in how successful
it would be. But you never know, I have found a couple of people on the GPDD
living right in my neighborhood.
I know that you can board guinea pigs at your local vets for appr. $10 a day.
I think that taking piggies on vacation is too stressful for them. I would
not do it, I'd rather leave them home and have a neighbor feed them. I'd rather
have them be bored than stressed.

just an idea,
Marion