[Gpdd] [Behavior] Grieving Guinea Pigs?

Britt and Brownie Lindahl Crazy4Cavy at buckeye-express.com
Sun Jan 25 15:30:22 EST 2004

Hi Everyone...

I'd like to thank all those who are sending our dear friends Corrine and
Michael such sweet messages.  Corrine, Michael and I were secret piggie pals
back when I had Jo-Jo.. They have been there for me through the deaths of
two sweet piggies of mine.. And now she's lost KC..  I know that KC,
Chocolate, Corrine's Oreo, My Oreo (named after hers of course!) Jo-Jo and
Rumble are all up there playing.. Talking about us I'm sure!

My current guinea, Brownie, I believe KNOWS that his buddy KC is gone.. He
normally plunges into his hay when I give it to him and the past few days
he's kinda "uhh, okay Mom.. I guess.."  Even though we're thousands of miles
apart including an ocean.. I think Brownie knows..and is sad too... Has
anyone else had this experience where the guineas are thousands of miles
apart..but still grieve when one crosses the bridge?  (We're in Ohio,
they're in Hawaii)

Brownie wants to take over the keyboard and say a few words to his buddy
KC..

... Thanks Momma.. KC is one of the coolest guineas I've ever known... He
always sent me cooool stuff, especially yummy hay.. Even when he wasn't
feeling his best, he always had some strength to give his momma  and daddy
hope.. He fought sooo hard... There aren't enough words to describe my buddy
KC... He's loyal, strong, funny, loving, a great pal, and I could go on and
on.. He is a special pig with special parents..  I miss you KC... I know
that somehow you can still keep your Momma and Daddy strong through all of
this.  We love you and miss you soooo much!....

Piggie Hugs and Kisses,
Britt & Brownie "Pumpkin Pig"

Remembering at the Rainbow Bridge:
Oreo (4/26/00 - 9/15/02), Jo-Jo (1/24/99 - 5/17/00) and Rumble (1/24/99 -
12/31/00)..
My "Angel Piggies"

"A friend is someone who believes in you when you have ceased to believe in
yourself."