[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: Bye Bye Pigs!

rws rws_001 at btinternet.com
Mon Jan 26 03:08:05 EST 2004

Hi;  I don't often post here although I do read all the other posts.
But I just wanted to say that having had less and less time to devote to
my two remaining (girl) guineas, Rocky and Shandy, due to work
commitments, I
made the very difficult decision to hand them over to Denise who has four
girls and is a great guinea "mum" and with whom they have stayed when
I've been on holiday.

On Saturday I delivered them to Denise (who used to post to this digest)
and watched them settle in with their new housemates - and very
successful it was, too.  They took immediately to their new "friends" and
didn't even
try to rush into a corner and hide ( which they normally do when on their
own! ).  Reports from Denise so far are all positive so I'm really
relieved.  Looks like a successful transition - here's hoping.  I'm sure
I shall be visiting them from time to time to see how they're getting on.

I'm very sad about losing Shandy and Rocky, but it's for the best - they
are with a wonderful slave (!) and have more guinea company as well.

Rowel