[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <add your subject here>

Gabrielle Westland gabrielle at gwestland.fsnet.co.uk
Mon Jan 26 15:52:59 EST 2004

I have just got a guinea pig from a rescue centre. I noticed that it had a skin condition when I went to see the guinea but now having her at home I realise it is more serious thatn I first thought- I have seen it before in guinea pigs- she has a very itchy skin and at the root of the fur its crusty and a bit dry and flakey she seems to be pulling her fur out because it is so itchy. I will be taking ehr to the vet but I have also found out she is pregnant and this could make her treatment a bit tricky. I have seen guinea pigs get better from this and I have seen them get alot worse and miserable- do you know what it is called/cause/ treatment etc
Gabrielle any info would be good