[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT: MESSAGE REJECTIONS

GPDD Admin gpdd_admin at gpdd.org
Mon Jan 26 22:06:02 EST 2004

Everyone,

If you have your post rejected and the reason is:

"You are not allowed to post to this mailing list, and your message has
been automatically rejected. If you think that your messages are being
rejected in error, contact the mailing list owner at
<mailto:Mailman-owner at electra.hmdnsgroup.com>Mailman-owner at electra.hmdnsgrou
p.com."

Then there may be a potential problem. The rejection message you are
getting seems to indicate your e-mail address was added to a "ban" list.
The GPDD mailing list ban/spam list does *not* contain the names of people
that have contacted us so far, so it must be further upstream.

We will check into the domain e-mail accounts and see if anything is there;
after that we'll put in a helpdesk ticket with the web provider.

We appreciate your patience and understanding with this until we can get
the matter solved.

If your messages keep getting bounced back, please drop a note to
<gpdd_admin at gpdd.org> and let us know. Also, if you need to get an
important message (that is getting bounced for this reason) posted, send it
to us and we will forward it to the GPDD.

A reminder: if your message is of an urgent health nature, you should call
your vet, or send a message to one or more of the DSN team. The DSN was
created to handle urgent health/information requests that can't wait the 2
- 3 day cycle of post-and-reply of the general list.

Thanks,

The GPDD Team