[Gpdd] BEHAVIOUR: single guinea pigs

Kelly abby at chilli.net.au
Tue Jan 27 00:10:58 EST 2004

Hi all,
I was just wondering what ppl's opinions were on keeping a single guinea pig on its own. I know it is good to have two to keep each other company. Do you think it is ok to keep one guinea pig if it will be receiving lots of attention from the people it lives with? Im thinking about having one of the guinea pigs, presently living in my Dad's backyard, come live with me and my 3 year old daughter in my unit. The second cage i have is really only suitable for one guinea pig. While the guinea pig will receive lots of attention when we are home, i'm concerned it will get lonely or bored during the day when im at uni and my daughter is at kindy.
thanks for your help,
Kell