[Gpdd] Re: Announcement: The right thing...Tribute to LITTLE JOHN

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Wed Jan 28 01:23:48 EST 2004

Dear Sarah...
After reading your very special post about your beloved LITTLE JOHN, I needed
to post my thoughts regarding your question. I you think you were a good
mommy, you are wrong...you were a wonderful, caring and loving mother to your
little guy. He was a very exceptional little boy for certain from what I have read
in your post. If there was a true blessing it was in that until a very short
time before his crossing the bridge he was still the stinker he was throughout
his life. If there is something even sadder than his passing, the is that he
was just 2 years old, but even in that there was one shining light, he had you
as his mother. I know how you felt posting your words about LITTLE JOHN and
having been a reader of the GPDD for so long reading of the passing of so many
others. I know one day it will be me and no matter HOW prepared yo might think
you are, you are not. reading through tears is a far cry easier then writing
through them. LITTLE JOHN could not have had a better life make no mistake.
You took him to the vet as soon as you realized something was wrong. It was
there you were put in the place of God...does LITTLE JOHN live or die. Do I doubt
for one second you made the right decision...hardly. You saw your little boy
at the doctors and he was not suffering and there was hope be it real or
perceived there was hope. In addition to that there was the grace of God to allow
you more time with your little guy or if he really needed him HE would make that
decision. Your caring for him in the period after taking him home was as
nobel an effort to save and keep him as could ever be had. Would you not make your
child take medicine in the hopes it would help? I know you would. And was
LITTLE JOHN any less important to your heart? He KNEW how much you loved him as
my little guy George knows how much he is loved by both me and his mother. He
KNEW those very same hands that gave him that unpleasant medicine were the same
hands that held him and made him feel safe...made him feel secure..and most
of all made him feel loved. He never doubted your love to the last..he just
didn't like his medicine...a "bad boy" through and through. You gave him all the
best parts of you and his passing was Gods will. He is not alone because I
truly believe that all who receive this post daily share a special bond, call it
a part of a very large family. So he is well and sharing all the best parts of
that clover field across the bridge with Panda and Samoa and Lilac as well as
Oreo and KC and ALL those that have crossed over. You will see him again make
no mistake. We will all see our little guys and girls again I'm sure. So
please accept my most sincere condolences on the passing of LITTLE JOHN and never
wonder if you were a good mother...you were the best and a "tribute to LITTLE
JOHN".

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the GP's daddy