[Gpdd] [Health] Soft Poos

Crystal Lewis crystlew33 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 28 18:39:25 EST 2004

Hello...

My little piggie Spike has started getting soft poos yesterday.  He seemed to have alot soft poo mushed onto his little bum.  I cleaned him up last night and he isn't messed up again but I am going to keep an eye on his output.  In the mean time, I was wondering if there was anything I should be looking out for.  He is eating and drinking ok and is no less active than normal... although he is lazy and doesn't like to move more than he has to so it is hard to tell really.

I've cut back his veggie intake, removing anything with sugar.  So, no fruit or carrots.  He's getting some mesclun, romaine, and a bit of corn husk.  Nothing else.  Should I remove all veggies?  Or is letting him have a bit ok.

Is there anything I can do as a preventative?  Like should I give him something to prevent gas?  Or in case he is gassy and I just can't tell?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Crystal... slave to Spike
Remembering always, my angels, Tribble & Quincy

Well, maybe there's a God above
But all I've ever learned from love
Was how to shoot somebody who outdrew you
It's not a cry that you hear at night
It's not somebody who's seen the light
It's a cold and it's a broken Hallelujah!
                            -Leonard Cohen