[Gpdd] (CARE) sticks for snacks

Louise August laugust at umich.edu
Fri Jan 30 14:17:26 EST 2004

About giving piggies twigs from an orange tree ...

First of all, I'm consumed with jealousy! Here in Michigan we are up to our
butts in snow - so the very thought of living someplace where orange trees
are possible, well...

I give my pigs twigs from my pear tree, and I've read that wood from any
fruit or nut tree is ok as long as you're sure about pesticides not having
been used.

My pigs go crazy for twigs too, but the poor old pear tree can only spare a
limited amount.
Any ideas on other acceptable woods?

Love from all of us,
Louise and her masters, Phineas, Delilah, Hillary, Pandora, Mostly,
Neville, and Mr. Norman, the rat