[Gpdd] [MISC] Family Holidays

Lori H. mopar at galynx.com
Sat Jan 31 02:03:52 EST 2004

Hello to all fellow slaves,

Warm & healing wheeks to anyone who has lost a piggie lately.

I know Thanksgiving is a ways off yet, but I have to start planning early because of the amount of people that are going to be in my house.

I have Thanksgiving this year.  There will be 14 people in my house.  I'm only worried about 1 person.  My 12 yr. old niece.  She is very disobedient.  I currently have 11 piggies in my home.  I have 8 seniors who are around 4 & have some definite attitudes of their own.

My problem is......My daughter obeys me when it comes to our piggies.  However, when she gets around her older cousin, she gets to be like her.

My questions is......I don't have a room where I can safely lock them away for the day.  I don't have a garage I can put them in for the day either.  (heated of course)  I only have Thanksgiving once every 4 yrs. so saying no is out of the question.  How am I going to protect my little furballs?  I can't watch them constantly since I will be cooking & coordinating the dinner effort.  My kids will be busy with their activities with their aunts, uncles & grandparents.  My husband will be busy making sure everyone is settled in & serving the drinks.

I know this may sound simple.  But our family holidays are a carefully coordinated 3 ring circus.  Any ideas & help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Lori