[Gpdd] Breeding Re: breeding problems

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 31 13:45:26 EST 2004

Hello Carole

Sometimes it takes some time before the guinea pigs
will breed. Sometimes they just don't like each other
enough to breed.
Have you thought about what you will do with all the
extra guinea pigs? Taking care of 20 or 25 guinea pigs
is a lot different from 6 guinea pigs. Six is a lot of
work. Do you have the money and time to take care of
that many guinea pigs if all six was to have 5 babies
a piece? Do you have enough cages to separate the
males and females after they breed? They can multiply
fast and be very expensive and overwhelming. If one
would get sick and give it to all the rest, the vet
bills would sky rocket! Think long and hard before you
breed that many guinea pigs. I know, my 2 turned into
15 fast when I was young and didn't know any better.

Dawnda Stricklen

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven