[Gpdd] CARE & HEALTH - I need some serious advice

Justine Carey uncivilgirl at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 19:40:35 EST 2004

Hey peoples -

Well, first of all i have some good news. After almost 24 hours of having
Lady and Honey living together, not only do they get along well but they
happily share everything, jump over each other, hide together...it seems too
good to be true how well they are getting along!

I have some concerns about bother piggies that i would appreciate some
advice on:

Lady ~~ Lady seems to be persistantly scratching a certain spot near her
right let. I picked her up to check for blood or mites or anything. I found
a dry substance on her coat on that area. I do not know if it is puss,
urine, or what. I thought if it were a mite thing that it would get worse
over the next few days then i would know for sure. She does not seem to be
scratching so much today, but I thought I'd just let everybody know just
incase you may know something I  should know but don't.

Honey ~~ Ok, I have two problems with Honey. Yesterday Honey did either
really thick urine or really runny poo. (It was yellow in colour). What
could be wrong for this to happen? I haven't changed anything in her diet, I
don't understand how this could have happend! Secondly and what is more
stressful to me; Honey has been very timid for the last two days. If i make
any movement, sudden or otherwise, she runs and hides from me. She doesn't
like to eat when I am nearby. We have only just finished some horribly
electrical storms and I initially thought that she was afraid of noises
because she assosiated noises with lightening...but its been about two days
since our last storm and she still will not let me hold her, touch her, feed
her... I've tried everything to get her happy again. I even picked her up
against her will for a hug but she just went psyco and wouldn't want to be
near me. Please help me, I'm doin the girly thing and crying because I don't
know what else I can do for her =0(.

I'd like to finish this email on a happy note. I've been studying Lady,
Honey, and how they interact together and it is so interesting! Lady is
curious about everything around her. She seems to enjoy eating paper. I give
her extra food sometimes so she won't eat the paper or cardboard...but once
the food is gone she's back to the paper! Honey has begun to eat paper too
hehehe.

Anyways, I hope somebody replies soon! Thanks for listening to me groan on
about all this, I appreciate it.

xx Justine