[Gpdd] [HEALTH] <senior pig losing weight>

petunia_loo at yahoo.com petunia_loo at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 1 19:42:10 EDT 2004

Hi Sandy,
I'm glad you took him to the vet because with a fella of his mature age I wouldn't be surprised if it was related to an underlying health problem. You mentioned that he has become a little more nippy lately. A few people have written lately about their pigs becoming more aggressive/ornery only to have their slaves discover that they were suffering from some illness. Is he walking normally, or a little less than normal? A lot of animals, especially dogs and cats these days who frankly eat crappy commercial food, get arthritis as they age. Is he drinking more/less than usual? I'm sorry I can't be much help because I haven't had much experience w/ elderly pigs. Our thoughts are with Taffy!
Lauren, Pig and Pooh