[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Dukey

Algernon07 at aol.com Algernon07 at aol.com
Fri Jul 2 03:41:37 EDT 2004

Dear Sarah,

       What a tale of love, conflict and heartbreak. I am so so sorry for
you, especially so soon after Little John. At least it seems like a short time.

       Hey -- don't forget tho -- when you got that cuddle under your chin,
Dukey too was getting a cuddle from you -- one that he waited for.

       I am still trying to work things out in my mind in some way that will
somehow, against all natural law, bring Ebeneezer WoollyBear back to me. Had I
done this another way...etc.

       Things don't go as we expect or hope sometimes -- they can go so
totally and suddenly in the opposite direction, and it's over before we've begun to
know what step to take next.

       The greatest thing any of us can give our little guys is love,
attention, care and a good life. The piggies that have these things are so blessed --
as are the people who provide such love to these wonderful little beings, but
I've come to believe that pain is part of the price of love.

       I'm still grieving Ebe's passing and Wilson (his cage mate) is just
now beginning to take a bit of an interest in life. I think he's beginning to
pretend that Ebeneezer is still in his cage with him, and he's begun to very
occasionally take off on the kind of crazy zigzag path they the used to do
together.

       I wish there were some way I could help you to to not feel that you
let Dukey down by going away. What better place for a sick piggy over night than
the vet's? And I'm sure that intellectually you know all this. I don't know
what curse has been imposed on the human psyche (or maybe just on some of us)
that maybe we could have/should have done something differently.  ???

       Grieve but be healed by remembering all the special moments.

God bless,
       Alge and "the guys"  (It's very hard for me to say "the Jolly Rodents"
right now because I'm not sure they're back to jolly either.)