[Gpdd] Health: Re: Excessive Water Drinking

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 15:58:59 EDT 2004

Hello Slaves!
It's me, again...Brownie Bear's Slave.
My Brownie Bear is doing okay now. She
had some problems these past couple of
wheeeeeeeks but I have been a little upset
and didn't want to write about it in the
Digest. Remember a while back when she was
bleeding a little bit when she urinated? Well,
I have been flushing out her urine by syringing
her lots of water everyday and so I thought she
was fine. But, then every couple of days, I
would see evidence of a little blood on her towels.
I keep her on white (or light-colored) towels
because that way, I can tell if she bled when she
urinated.

Okay, so yes, I am very worried about her
because I have this Horrible feeling that something
is terribly wrong with her (on the inside). And I
think it's something that my Vet can't see, ya
know. Because she is still whining sometimes
when she pee's (not alot, but enough for me to
notice).

So, most of ya'll know that my Bear refuses to
drink the proper amount of water (which is 3 ounces
per day since she weighs almost 3 pounds). Okay,
I'm lucky if she drinks 1 full ounce. That's how
little water she drinks everyday. That's why I've
been syringing her about 1.5 to 2 ounces per day, so
that she's getting at least the minimum amount of
water intake needed. Well, this wheeeek, Brownie
has been drinking a WHOLE LOT more. Like,
yesterday, she drank about 4 ounces!!! So, of course
I'm Happy that she's drinking more water and I am
still syringing her (because I think she likes the
attention and likes being 'babied'). But, I also know
that Excessive Water Drinking can be a problem
too. So, tonight when I get home I'm going to do
the dip-stick test (urine strips) and check on
the glucose level of her urine. Because I know (from
the Digest) that Diabetes can be a possible cause of
excessive water drinking.

Does any Slave know of any other ailments that could
cause excessive drinking???

         Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeeps,
                Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)