[Gpdd] Care: Re: well, uh you know, care

Leah McNeil lconsuela at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 2 16:11:25 EDT 2004

Hey Julia, Cocoa & Patch!
Why yes, my Brownie Bear certainly is
Free Range...and Lovin' It! ha ha! I think
I may have written a while back that I was
gonna make her a non-free range piggie
because I wanted her to spend more time
in her cage, so she would hopefully drink
more water. I had gotten her a 2x3 C&C
Cage kit and had it designed for free-range
and non-free range (it had a flap that I could
bend back under the cage for free range).
But, then when I decided to make her non-
free range, I wanted a bigger cage so I
could keep all of the 'fun stuff' in there
like her cuddle cup, pigloo, grassy hut, etc.

So, I got her a 2x4 C&C Cage kit and
also had that designed for free-range
and non-free range (it also has a flap
so I can close it up when she's non-free
range). Well, I think Brownie Bear was
a non-free range piggie for about 2 days.
I felt guilty about keeping her in there
and she wasn't drinking any more water than
before. And I also saw some evidence of
bleeding (from her urine). So, I said, Forget
it! I felt like I was stressing her out and
making her life miserable, so I opened up
the cage and it's been open since. And now,
she actually stays in her cage most of the
day and in the evening because I think she
really Likes it...it's HUGE! But, it's strange
cuz at nighttime, she always sleeps in her
other cuddle cup under the dining room table.
Go figure.

Moving on, and I'm really sorry I'm rambling,
but I can't help it-- Yes, we do have our apartment
'piggie proofed'. I have rolled-up towels (that are
the same color as our carpet--so you don't even
really notice them) stuffed in the cracks between
our couches and the wall. And all of the wiring and
electric cords are behind the couches or on the
fireplace thingy hidden behind our television. It
works for us.

And I don't know about the easiest way to clean
a cage, cuz I always seem to do things the hard
way, but I keep B-Bear on towels. So, I just pick
up her poopies by hand. And I shake the hay off
off of the towels outdoors. And then do a ton of
laundry. Hopefully, some other Slaves who use
more conventional bedding will offer you some
more ideas on cleaning up cages.

Have an AWESOME Wheeeeeeeeeekend!!

               Love 'n Wheeeeeeeps,
                    Leah...Slave to Brownie Bear :-)