[Gpdd] Announcement :Sugar going to meet Piglet at rainbow bridge

Laurie-Jean Gombar lj at theurnstudio.com
Fri Jul 2 16:40:01 EDT 2004

Hi!
SOrry to say, since Walker, my son was born at the end of March, I have
not had time to read the digest at all.  I have managed to keep up with
Sugar's cage, and we have fed her very well- lots of lettuce and other
good things.
I came home today to find her curled up to one side, her leg and foot on
her right not working well.... I can't really tell where the problem
lies, though for being 7 years old, she probably has had a stroke.  I
fed her some lettuce, watermelon and tomato and she gobbled down most of
it.
We are going to wait and see, make her comfortable and let her know it
is ok to go to rainbow bridge.
Fortunately 13 week old Walker let me hold her and care for her... Did
not make too much of a fuss when I tried to prop his bottle a bit so I
could give Sugar more attention.  I ended up feeding Walker with one
arm, and stroking Sugar with the other hand.

If anyone lives in Maine- southern area and wants some oxbow pellets,
and hay- send me an e-mail.  I may just give it to the local vet too, he
has been good to us.

Still not a lot of time to read the digest- so if you want to send a
response - just cc one to me.

LJ