[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<scab under nose>

DaisyBell84 at cs.com DaisyBell84 at cs.com
Fri Jul 2 16:59:15 EDT 2004

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a problem. About a week ago
I noticed Cosmo had something funny looking under his nose. It looks like a
scab. At first I though it was his poop stuck to his face, but later realized it
was more than that. A few days later, his cagemate Sparco came up with the
same thing. Ok, so I've looked through the archives and looks like its a fungal
infection of some sort? I was told to use silvadene cream from a fellow gpdd
member. Well, I thought I could get ahold of it without going to the vet, and I
still can, it's just gonna take a couple days. Is this going to be okay or do
I need to get it asap?? Also there is lotrimin and lamisil over the counter
which are also anti-fungals that are used for many different areas on humans.
Do you think this would work? The reason I don't wnat to go to the vet is b/c
she isn't good at all. I'm waiting to take them both to a great vet in columbia
(about an hour and half away from me), but I haven't had tiem yet due to my
work schedule. Any help woudl be greatly appreciated!! Thanks!

--Daisy