[Gpdd] Re: ANNOUNCEMENT: Some weeks I wish never cme to pass

Off1Knight at aol.com Off1Knight at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 04:51:23 EDT 2004

Once again I find myself offering my condolences to Sara for the loss of her
MARMADUKE and Carolyn and John on the loss of their IVORY. Recently, so many
of out little guys have been called back across the Bridge, and with each ones
crossing, once again the sunny skies that prevail so long over our group
ceases to continue. After reading of these two little ones, I can only offer my
thoughts to Carolyn and John in that having your IVORY for 6 years was a
wonderful and quite memorable experience. Unlike too many other of our little guys,
IVORY had 6 years of memories, all of which I am sure filled your hearts with
happiness and joy. Now she is with her friends and family that have crossed the
bridge and SHE has those same 6 years of wonderful loving memories to tell all
our lost little guys, pausing between each to look over her shoulder to be
sure she won't miss you since I KNOW she is sure you will come for her. You see
they KNOW that love doesn't stop because they were called back no more than
her BEING called has stopped your love for her. One day you will again be with
her and she will have what makes heaven complete, her mommie and daddy who
showed her what wonders existed on your side of the bridge. To Sara I offer my
thoughts on the loss of her little loved one, MARMADULE, DUKEY. Please realize
that nothing you could have done would have prevented the crossing of DUKEY.
There is NO WAY I or anyone could ever doubt that the love YOU gave him. I know
you think you could have somehow allowed DUKEY the time to say good bye to his
cagemates but you see, it took every bit of love and fight this valiant little
man had to convince God he needed the time to fight to say good bye to the
woman who made his live what it was. He was successful in his arguments since he
was allowed to stay here so he COULD say good bye. You did all you could and
he knew that. They, all of our little guys KNOW when they will be called. Not
as we do, not knowing of their mortality as we do, but DO KNOW they HAVE to
say good bye to the most important person or people in their life. Once they
have they know they can cross the bridge in peace. YOU did that for DUKEY you
were there for him for him to finish what he needed to do before making the
crossing. I'm sure he KNEW that his friends would understand because they too one
day, as much as it troubles me to think of even our George will have to do,
will have to make that last trip. So please don't think you could have done more.
YOU and he did everything you could to help his passing. I know that LITTLE
JOHN, who is in the prayer ever day will be there to greet him and welcome him
to the other side. It's been some time they have been apart now they BOTH
await your coming for them. I know that when that time comes they will be waiting
there for you with carrots and parsley for the one reason they knew
love...YOU. Once again please accept my condolences on the passing of both DUKEY and
IVORY. They will never be forgotten.

Sincerely,

Joseph C. Petrillo, George the guinea pigs daddy