[Gpdd] Subject: Health. Re: mouth sores.

ADCAVY at aol.com ADCAVY at aol.com
Sun Jul 4 10:15:47 EDT 2004

Hi Daisy,

I use Daktarin Oral Gel for babies for mouth sores. It treats oral thrush ( a
fungal infection ) in babies. It is available here in England from a chemist
or pharmacy. It works 100% for us. Just smear a light film over the sores two
or three times a day. Continue until well after the scabs have disappeared to
make sure you destroy all the spores. Check inside your pig's mouth to make
sure it hasn't spread.

We have cut out apple and tomato ( and their like ) from their menu as acidic
fruit can damage guinea pig lips causing lesions which are open to attack
from fungal spores. Hope this or an equivelant oral thrush cream for babies works
for you. Check Peter Gurney's website for more help.

Best Wishes, Antoinette and The Magic 59.