[Gpdd] [CARE] Re:Towels ?

Dawnda Stricklen dawndastricklen at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 6 13:11:28 EDT 2004

Hello Sharon

I have been using towels, blankets, sheets,and old
housecoats in my pigs cage for years. As long as the
loops aren't really large, it shouldn't be a problems.
You just need to make sure they can't get their feet
caught in them. I throw mine out when they get holes
for this reason. Always check the towels and pull off
any ravelings. I use several in my cages. I put a
thick one one the bottom and a smaller kitchen towel
or automotive cleaning towel on top of that. I change
the top towels in the morning before work and change
all at night. I shake them out good outside or over a
big trash can.
Occasionally, I will miss some hay or a poo. I just
clean the washer out afterwards. I've never had any
problems with my washer or smells in other wash loads.
I do use the Tide free and Bounce free so their won't
be a strong perfumes smell for the pigs. I have asthma
and those perfumes can really be strong! It could give
them respiratory problems like the strong smell of
cedar.
I use newspapers over all of may cages. I have all my
family and friends saving papers for me. When I need
more than that, I raid the recycling bin. I figure I
am recycling them as cage liners. I place the towels
in the areas that they like to sleep. They like their
pigloos on towels too. Mine are quite spoiled.

Dawnda

=====
http://embark.to/guineapighaven