[Gpdd] Silly (Lap Pigs & Lettuce Bags)

Diane and Fred and their Masters Duncan, Brodie and Dougal deea2z at adelphia.net
Tue Jul 6 16:46:46 EDT 2004

I love how individual our fuzzy charges are!  When our boys were tiny piggers they loved sitting on our shoulders.  Now, Dougal is my snuggle pigger and loves to lay across my chest with this head nestled in the crook of my righ arm.  Duncan is happy laying on my chest vertically with his head under my chin and Brodie likes to lay on a towel or a shirt spread over my knees.  He kind of sinks in a bit and watches the room from that position.

I have to share this story.  Over the weekend our Duncan had a close encounter of the greens kind.  Every morning he sits on his shelf waiting for breakfast.  We feed him first 'cause he's the oldest and the "boss" board.  My husband always puts the greens bag in front of Duncan and lets Duncan choose a favorite tidbit (usually radicchio).  Well, apparently the choise bit Duncan wanted took him too far into the bag and he lost his balance on the shelf and fell into the bag!  My husband said it was so funny...the bag got heavier, and started wiggling as Duncan fell in head first and scrambled around trying to right himself.  My husband looked in the bag and there was Duncan looking back at him with a "ok, now I need help" expression on his face.  So Fred put the bag close to the shelf and told Duncan to climb out; whereupon Duncan gracefully extricated himself from the greens and climbed out all the while munching away on a nice juicy leaf.  What a corker!  He even looked a bit embarrassed by his tumble.

Diane and the Amazing Acrobatic Duncan

Diane