[Gpdd] [ANNOUNCE] Teddy's results

bwk keiper at hiwaay.net
Tue Jul 6 18:20:36 EDT 2004

Thanks so much to everyone who has expressed such kind sentiments to me
about my sweet angel who died, my Teddy. They did a necropsy to make
sure she didn't have anything that my other girls could have caught. I
got the call today, my other girls can't catch anything from her. The
vet said she had lymphocarcoma. The only way to diagnose would have been
a biopsy. It is pretty rare in guinea pigs.

It had affected her liver lungs kidneys, it is a fast growing cancer of
white blood cells, not usually diagnosable from a white blood cell
count. He said she may have had it for a little while but it was
probably not long ago it had gotten into lungs and her lungs were
beginning to fill with cells.

So she was breathing a little hard and wouldn't eat Saturday night so my
Mom took her in Monday morning, and Teddy arrested at the vets when they
took her out of the oxygen 'tank' to examine her. I am just thankful
that I didn't have to make the decision to treat her or put her down.

Bless her sweet heart, I just hope she was not in pain and did not
suffer a lot. The thought is unbearable. But the vet said that if she
was eating and everything that she probably was not hurting. I hope so.
I miss her. Many tears now.

I just wanted to let you all know... thanks for listening.

Bethany